Friday, February 3, 2012

Ezrick meets Karou *is starstruck*


When I saw what you're looking at, I gasped. 

No. I wasn't possibly seeing clearly.
Shaking, I reached for my glasses.

Then remembered.

I don’t wear glasses.

(0.0)'

"Oh my God."

*PASSES OUT*

Prince Ezrick and the Morpheäs Curse.

Next to LAINI TAYLOR.

One of my MOSTE FAVORITE AUTHORS.

On the eBook Best Seller List.

...a l m o s t   t o u c h i n g...

*clutches Daughter of Smoke and Bone to heart, this is a dream*

Honesty, if you haven't, read her book NOW. The storytelling is cool, strange, and breathtaking. And it's being made into a movie! I’d let you borrow my battered copy, but computer screens... grrrr.

(Also, Laini just announced the next book is called Days of Blood and Starlight.
My love for this title is epic.)

Enough madness. How on earth did this mystifying, impossible, unimaginable thing happen. Well, to honor Prince Ezrick’s release, I listed the book for free. In the course of 24 hours, Prince Ezrick hit the Children’s eBook Best Seller list. By the time I crawled into bed beyond lightheaded, the book had reached these spots:

#8 in Action/Adventure

#22 in Fantasy/Magic

#90 in the Children’s top 100

I am still in disbelief and don't know how this happened. I'm hoping it's because Kindlings (er, people who read on Kindles) found the cover intriguing, liked the book's description and sample, and downloaded the book with intentions to read it. I myself wouldn’t clutter my Kindle with books I'd no interest or intention to read. But honestly, I have no idea. I cling to the terribly exciting thought that people are reading the book this very minute. Which makes my heart smile, and also gives me heart palpitations.

Fingers crossed the free-flurry will win new readers and spark good word-of-mouth. I was in no way expecting or prepared to see my book on the Best Seller list. Fellow writers, if this could happen to me, this could absolutely happen to your book. Should nothing come of it, I'm still ecstatic, and simply witnessing the picture above was an incredible moment in my life, and utterly surreal. I'll remember it forever.

THANK YOU to everyone who downloaded the book! Happy reading!! :)

What's on your Kindle?
I just got Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.
My first official Kindle book!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post!

    Wow, congratulations. That's fantastic!!

    You're in my queue on the Kindle, so I'll get there very soon. Oh, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone is in the TBR pile too. After yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LG!! Ahh, I can't wait for you to read it! And Daughter of Smoke and Bone is amazing.

    ReplyDelete